“Touch the Sky with Glory“
8th October is celebrated as ‘Air Force Day’ in the Air Force bases in India with parades and air shows every year. Indian Air Force doesn’t only conquer skies, but also our hearts. Let’s pay tribute to them by knowing and sharing facts about Indian Air Force.
1) Indian Air Force (IAF) is the 4th largest in the world, behind USA, Russia and China.
2) Indian Air force is only air force that operates C-17 Globe master III, C-130J Super Hercules, and IlyushinIl-76 – the three largest transport aircrafts.
3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited and Sukhoi from Russia is jointly developing Fifth generation Fighter aircraft.
4) Indian Air Force created world record by performing the highest landing of C-130J at the Daulat Beg Oldi airstrip at Ladakh at 5065 meters on 20 August, 2013.
5) IAF is having base station in foreign country. It is in Farkhor, Tajikistan. India is also planning to have base station in Afghanistan.
6) HAL Tejas – lightweight,high-agility supersonic fighter aircraft is all made in India aircraft ready to replace our old fighter plans.
7) Indian Air force played major roles in operation RAHAT in 2013 to rescue flood victims in Uttrakhand and Himanchal Pradesh, Nepal earthquake rescue operation and Bringing Indians back from Syria and war affected gulf region.
8) IAF is having its own secure, reliable communication system which uses modern tropo-scatter technology, popularly known as AFnet.
9) To encourage youngsters to join IAF, they have launched 3D mobile game called “Guardians of the skies”.
10) IAF jointly operates with Department of Space and ISRO to oversee the security and surveillance of space based Indian Satellites.
Share this post and like us to get great stuff always.